Can't initialize database - error message - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From stephan.rupp@gmx.net
Subject Can't initialize database - error message
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi, all,

two nights passed, and I didn't find a solution to the following problem:

I installed Cygwin (where can I see which version I have exactly?) and CygIPC (has been part of the
CygWin package).
"ipc-daemon[2]" is running as a service.
All worked fine in the process of installing PostgreSQL till the point when one has to enter the command:

initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data

First, all is fine, but then the action fails by giving back the following error message:

creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1... IpcSemaphoreCreate:
semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

I looked up everywhere in the web, but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Stephan