Re: Continued mail server problems for all PGSQL mailing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robby Russell
Subject Re: Continued mail server problems for all PGSQL mailing
Date
List pgsql-general
Phil Howard wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:40:24PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
>| On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Phil Howard wrote:
>|
>| > I'm actually getting the mailing list mail, so I don't know what the
>| > deal is. Successful deliveries are coming from 64.117.225.209.  But
>| > 207.173.200.206 has big problems.
>|
>| 207.173.200.206?  We aren't using that server for relaying ... we *are*
>| using: 207.173.200.143, which does reverse:
>|
>| %nslookup 207.173.200.143
>| Server:  neptune.hub.org
>| Address:  64.117.224.130
>|
>| Name:    hosting.commandprompt.com
>| Address:  207.173.200.143
>|
>| Joshua, are there multiple IPs on that box that he might be seeing?
>
>Then is 207.173.200.206 a spammer running Sendmail and faking these mailing
>lists?

206 is another one of our machines, which I am requesting they fix the
reverse mapping. Different machine, different purpose.

Not sure why/how you shoud be getting any issues from that machine on
this list.

Can you forward me the email that was sent to you from said ip?

Thanks,

Robby

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com