[Fwd: Re: [pgadmin-support] [Fwd: problem downloading/installing pgadmin3 on Debian testing]] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject [Fwd: Re: [pgadmin-support] [Fwd: problem downloading/installing pgadmin3 on Debian testing]]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear friends,

What is your position concerning support on other Linux architecture
(sparc, hp,...) ? I think the more we have, the best it is, but wouldn't
introduce massive work on porting to other architectures. I can try to
produce packages for Debian HPPA64 but may be only for frozen releases
(beta and final ones).

Cheers,

Raphaël
Giuseppe Sacco wrote:

> [...]

Dear Giuseppe,

Thank you for using pgAdmin3 (or trying to use it :p),
pgAdmin3 is compiled statically against a patched version of a
wxWindows2.5 snapshot. As our wxWindows debian packages are quite broken
compared to official wx2.4 ones and as the official maintainer of the
official debian packages whom is also a wxWindows member asked me not to
publish any packages concerning this, I decided not to put these
packages on the postgresql site. On which platform are you planning to
build ? If you want I may be able to try a build on HPPA 64 as I've got
one at home.
If you still want to try a build by yourself, you can try to read the
"Developer's corner" section in the file attached or consult it online
at :
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/snapshots.html
But be AWARE that the package is really experimental and conflicts with
the official wx2.4 debian package and so can break your system (I'm
working on this).

More simply, try this :
You can find the source packages or our wxWindows 2.5 by adding this
line to your  sources.list
deb-src http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian
experimental/testing wxwindows-pgadmin3

And try to rebuild the wxWindows 2.5 packages :
# apt-get source wxwindows-pgadmin3
# cd wxwindows-pgadmin3-2.5.0
# dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc

We stay in touch (I'll be unreachable this afternoon but I'll have a
look to my mail tonight).

Regards,

Raphaël