Simple filesystem benchmark on Linux 2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Simple filesystem benchmark on Linux 2.6
Date
List pgsql-performance
http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/715

Might be interesting for people running 2.6. Last I heard, the anticipatory
scheduler did not yield it's maximum throughput for random reads. So they said
database guys would not want it right away.

Anybody using it for testing? Couple of guys are running it here in my company
on a moderate desktop-cum-server. So far it's good.. In fact far better..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wedding, n:    A ceremony at which two persons undertake to become one, one
undertakes    to become nothing and nothing undertakes to become supportable.        --