Re: SSL support in PG 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: SSL support in PG 7.4
Date
Re: SSL support in PG 7.4  (Brian Lindauer <lindauer@sysd.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Rich,

The SSL support is in 7.4, but it is currently broken.  Actually I think
it might work against a 7.3 database, but won't work against a 7.4
database with the v3 FE/BE protocol.  It worked up until the v3 protocol
changes were put in, and I haven't had time to go back and fix it up.

Before 7.4 goes production this needs to be cleaned up and the doc needs
to be updated to reflect this new feature.  I consider the doc updates
especially important since it can be difficult to get SSL working under
java (java can be difficult to get certificates loaded correctly.)

Anyone want to help finish this off?

thanks,
--Barry