Re: optimum postgres server configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: optimum postgres server configuration
Date
List pgsql-general

> * Disk speed

4 drives... 7200 RPM... as big as you can get. Get 8 Meg cache drives so
you have a 3 year warranty.

> * Hardware RAID

3Ware IDE controller (or SATA) running RAID 10

> * Memory

2 gig

> * Processor speed

1800+

> * Processor type

Athlon MP

> * Multiple processors

2

We are able to run a 60 person insurance company entirely off of the box
I described above with ZERO load problems.