Re: Problem with debian package version number - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Problem with debian package version number
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> I was intending to follow the pga2 convention:
>> 0.9.0 beta 1
>> 0.9.1 beta 1 dev 1
>> 0.9.2 beta 1 dev 2
>> 0.9.14 beta 2

I don't think we need to number each between-betas version. We have
Betas, which will get their own number, and to distinct non-beta
(internal ongoing-work versions) from this they get additional numbers.
so we have
0.9.0 beta-1
0.9.1 ongoing work
0.9.2 beta-2
0.9.3 more fixing
0.9.6 RC1
0.9.7 minor fixes
0.9.8 RC2
0.9.9 more minor fixes
0.9.10 RC3
0.9.11 even less fixes

>> and so on. We then release 1.0.0.
>> 1.0.1 is refresh 1 of 1.0
>> 1.1.x is the new development branch that will become 1.2.x at
>> release, thus odd minor versions are development, and even are stable.

Ok.

Regards,
Andreas