Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

>Hans-Jürgen Hay <hjh@alterras.de> writes:
>

>>The hangs happen only when I connect via network unsing psql -h
>>localhost template1
>>And the problem is gone, when ssl is switched off in postgresql.conf
>>

>We have heard a couple of reports of problems with SSL connections,
>but so far I've not been able to reproduce any trouble here.  Details
>about your SSL installation might help.

Hi Tom,

good to hear that's not a singular problem with pgadmin3...
I currently don't have a system to reproduce this, because I didn't
succeed making my 7.4 server accepting ssl-connections. I posted for
installation help on pgsql-admin but didn't get a reaction so far. RTFM
up and down I couldn't see what I configured wrong (--with-openssl,
ssl=true). Can you give me a hint? If I can reproduce the problem, I
might be able to trace down that ssl thing.

Regards,
Andreas