Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 23 Jul 2003 at 8:43, Robert Treat wrote:
> Hmm... do you just dislike the way I used support? Lets flip it to match
> the original wording:
>
> PostgreSQL 7.4 expands 64 bit support to include  AMD Opteron in
> addition to other 64 bit platforms including PA-RISC, Sparc, S/390,
> MIPS, Alpha, and RS6000*
>
> or maybe better is:
>
> PostgreSQL 7.4 expands 64 bit compatibility to include  AMD Opteron in
> addition to other 64 bit platforms including PA-RISC, Sparc, S/390,
> MIPS, Alpha, and RS6000*

How about postgresql is capable of taking advantage of 64bit hardware
architecture? I mean if it can make work with 4GB dataset just like that, it
will say lot better than a vague "support"

Just a thought..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"[In 'Doctor' mode], I spent a good ten minutes telling Emacs what Ithought of
it.  (The response was, 'Perhaps you could try to be lessabusive.')"(By Matt