Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 21 Jul 2003 at 11:58, Iavor Raytchev wrote:
> My personal goal is to see the difference in features, how the lack of
> features can be worked around in the application (in both databases) and if
> missing features are on the PostgreSQL todo list and in what time frame.

I suggest you look at release notes of couple fo releases back as well. That
will give you an idea how it is moving.

> In the ideal case I would combine all this into a white paper.

That would be a great addition to community resources.

> As I said again - this is an intellectual survey and has nothing to do with
> being satisfied or not with PostgreSQL. Currently we have no problems with
> PostgreSQL.

Glad to hear that.

> Thanks for your comments. I copied your e-mail in the wiki. I hope you do
> not mind.

no I don't..:-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
A princess should not be afraid -- not with a brave knight to protect her.        --
McCoy, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.3