Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 21 Jul 2003 at 11:14, Iavor Raytchev wrote:
> We have started a small comparison page on the pgaccess wiki -
>
> http://www.pgaccess.org/index.php?page=PostgreSQL+vs.+Oracle
>
> Please, feel free to contribute with direct comments or with links to
> appropriate resources.

Could you please elaborate on each term as in what do you expect out of that
functionality?

e.g. Virtual private database? What is that? Unless I know what to expect out
of that functionality, how can anybody offer an opinion or material on that?

A link explaining what is virtual private database would be great there. Like
http://www.oracle-base.com/Articles/8i/VirtualPrivateDatabases(VPD).asp.

Looking at it, it is pretty clear that schema can fill large part of this
functionality, though there will be separate tables in two different schemas
rather than storing it in a single table..

And similarly for other things.

If you aer running into problems w.r.t postgresql and looking at migration, I
suggest you post your specific problems on lists like general. You might get
some more mileage out of existing system.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"World domination.  Fast"(By Linus Torvalds)