Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joe, I can do the configure detection of the Oracle library needed for
> /contrib.  I don't think we follow the beta freeze as much for /contrib
> stuff, but this particular /contrib is more integrated into the main
> system than most.  If you want to merge it in during the next month, I
> can do the configure work for you.
>
> If I am wrong about the /contrib deadlines, someone please let me know.
> As I remember, we allow /contrib authors to change things up to the end
> because it is no an integral part of the system.

Bruce,

Thanks a lot. I will integrate named connections as proposed by the most
recent version of dblink as soon as possible.
Thanks for doing the configure stuff. What we need is Oracle's OCI
interface and libsqlora (http://www.poitschke.de/libsqlora8/).

Also; I have done some work on an improved version of jdbclink but it
does not work yet (supports persistent connections and so forth).

Joe, you have told me some time ago that you are planning some sort of
connection table which tells dblink to establish some connections
automatically. Did you work on that?

I hope we can merge it in a useful way.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria