Re: Article: Analysis of Open source databases... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Article: Analysis of Open source databases...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Sean Chittenden wrote:
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=787941582&fp=2&fpid=1
>
> The article is likely underwritten by IBM or some commercial DB vendor
> and isn't what I would call 100% accurate or even thurough, but it's
> PostgreSQL in the press.  I'd be nice if the press had some
> understanding of how b0rk3d XML "support" is on the commercial DBs or
> MySQL's new licensing scheme for their 4.0 libs.  ::sigh::

Arrrgh.  My stuff up here.  The author of this article phoned me some time ago and I was supposed to put him in touch
withdecent PostgreSQL implementations.

Got busy with other stuff and didn't get to it in time however.

:-(

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift