Re: Duplicate key insert question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Duplicate key insert question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2 Jul 2003 at 17:20, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> >
> > No. It's just your server log.
>
> I was assuming that any users of this app who want it using postgres as
> a database would want to stop these error messages from being logged.
> (The developers know that these error messages are being logged, but
> they don't see them as real errors)

Well, with grep -v in log pipe, you are just preventing these messages from
reaching log file. If a client does error checking. He would get the message
anyway.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
One-Shot Case Study, n.:    The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from which it is    concluded all
cloverspossess four leaves and are sometimes green.