Re: [GENERAL] capturing and storing query statement with rules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: [GENERAL] capturing and storing query statement with rules
Date
Re: [GENERAL] capturing and storing query statement with rules  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [GENERAL] capturing and storing query statement with  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
(moving to HACKERS)

Mike Mascari wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>>I think this shows how to do what you want:
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2003-05/msg00301.php
>
> Maybe debug_query_string should be mapped into a variable like
> CURRENT_USER? Perhaps something like CURRENT_QUERY?

I was thinking something similar. This exact question has come up at
least three times in the last three months. I doubt we'd want a special
keyword like CURRENT_QUERY, but maybe current_query()?

Comments?

Joe