Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23 Jun 2003 at 22:19, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> > > On this very note, I'm attempting to migrate MySQL database to
> > > PostgreSQL right now.  I'm getting stuck on data such as this:
> > >
> > > (155,'<HTML>tr -d \"\015\" < dosfile.txt\r\n</HTML>',155)
> > >
> > > Where can I find this migration tool? The one I was using was pgAdmin
> > > II via ODBC.
> >
> > It's in the contrib/mysql directory in the source file.  the name of the
> > script is mysql2pgsql.  Don't kow how well it will work, as I've never
> > migrated from MySQL to Postgresql myself.
>
> But, if you happen to find problems, let us know so that we can strengthen
> it before v7.4 goes out ... :)

Well, for what it's worth, I only need to convert the data, the
tables will be created by the application.

background: I'm converted an installation of http://www.phorum.org/
from mysql to pg.  I'd rather Phorum create the PG tables, and just
copy the data over.  So far, the proof-of-concept has gone well.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/