Re: Trumpeting 7.4 ... or not? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Trumpeting 7.4 ... or not?
Date
Re: Trumpeting 7.4 ... or not?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On 19 Jun 2003 at 8:53, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Further, we've made a point of saying "Windows in 7.4" and now it looks like
> Windows will be coming somewhat later ... probably 7.5 in October.
>
> As such, I propose that we *not* do any press splash for 7.4.  Lets put it on
> the web sites, but not make any other fuss about it.  Thoughts?

I believe windows port has a chance to make it in later 7.4.x releases. Can we
confirm that? In that case, we can make a forward looking press release.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Pascal Users:    To show respect for the 313th anniversary (tomorrow) of the    death
of Blaise Pascal, your programs will be run at half speed.