Re: Damn triggers and NEW - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Damn triggers and NEW
Date
Re: Damn triggers and NEW  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
> I'd appreciate some pointers on this as it appears new/old can't be used in an
> execute statement in triggers but that sounds completely wrong.

I've tried this before, and unfortunately I think that statement is
currently true. I dug in to it one day and it didn't look too easy to
fix either (no big surprise there, otherwise someone probably would have
already fixed it ;-))

I ended up concluding that, short of a patch to the backend, a C code
trigger would be needed. You might be able to do something with pltcl or
  one of the other PLs though.

Joe