Re: Which database part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kaarel
Subject Re: Which database part 2
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> You are welcome on this mailing list. We will do the best to inform you. But,
> again, could you tell us more about your knowledge in database technologies?

I had two database courses in my University this semester. One course
_required_ the homework to be done in MS Access. The other _required_
the homework to be done in PostgreSQL and C. I have some experience in
database development but these are all related to schoolwork and have
been rather small scale where MySQL satisfies.

> For example, do you know the difference between a SELECT and an UPDATE clause,
> a TABLE and VIEW? Do you know what is a SCHEMA? Do you know what ACID rules
> mean? Do you know the difference betwenn a LEFT and a RIGHT JOIN? Do you know
> what is a subselect? etc...

So yes I knnow the difference I wouldn't have passed the exams. Actually
I have even bought a book "PostgreSQL" by Korry and Susan Douglas.

> Your questions about MySQL/PostgreSQL are just like comparing Ms
> Access/Oracle. At the first glance, a responsible developper is able to give
> an answer.

Well some epeople compare MySQL and Oracle...

> Welcome in the PostgreSQL world,
> Jean-Michel POURE

Reminds me of the
"Welcome to the real world,
Morpheus"
Hope the PostgreSQL world isn't as dramatic though :)