Re: array support patch phase 1 patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>
>>The aggregates hacking was a bit convoluted by the desire to support
>>polymorphic aggregates using polymorphic functions. You end up with many
>>possible states, some of which are invalid because they don't provide
>>enough context to resolve the polymorphic types. Any suggestions?
>
> I think we'd be better off leaving that out till we understand it a
> little better, then ...

I'm reasonably sure I covered the bases on it. Did you find behavior you
didn't like?

In any case, I think we ought to allow polymorphic functions to be used
in aggregates. Life is simpler if the aggregate uses well defined data
types.

Joe