Re: nOOB Question.. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dani Oderbolz
Subject Re: nOOB Question..
Date
Re: nOOB Question..  (Herbie McDuck <herbie@faams.net>)
List pgsql-novice
Josh Berkus wrote:

>FWIW, I primarily develop business/accounting applications, and have to say
>that arrays as a data type have no place in business/financial applications
>in permanent tables.  I have yet to see a case in such an application where a
>child table was not more appropriate than an array.

Hi,
I completely agree with Josh.
Its much easier to query another table then to fiddle the data out of
the Array.
For me, arrays make sense only in some special cases, in all others
its like a violation of the relational paradigma.

Cheers, Dani