Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: disk space usage enlarging despite vacuuming
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14 May 2003 at 15:02, Tzvetan Tzankov wrote:

> hallo,
>
> I use debian package postgresql 7.3.2r1-2, it is set to vacuum every 5
> hours and once weekly (sunday) vacuum -f, aditionally there are some
> session tables which vacuum at 5 minutes, dispite this the disk usage
> enlarges with 300-400MB for about 2 days and in sundey with the full vacuum
> very few MB-s are recovered.

Try reindexing. Space went into indexes is not recovered with vacuum.. That
might help..

 HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Jim Nasium's Law:    In a large locker room with hundreds of lockers, the few
people    using the facility at any one time will all have lockers next to    each