Re: GUI Tools For PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
Subject Re: GUI Tools For PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

>I do *not* want to arbitrate between the PGAdmin and PGAccess projects to
>decied who's the default.  No way.
>
>Besides, PostgreSQL runs on more platforms than any individual GUI does.
>Plus If we include one specific GUI in the .taz.gz, then  we've added to the
>download size of the file, which is a burden on the users who didn't want a
>GUI at all.
>
>I *do* think it would be a good idea to create a "So You've Just Downloaded
>PostgreSQL" page with links to all of the following:
>-- Instructions on installing
>-- The GUI list.
>-- Popular GBorg projects which are PostgreSQL accessories
>-- A guide to /contrib
>-- A link to the "Annotated PostgreSQL.conf"  (coming soon from me).
>-- The mailing lists page

I agree with various arguments sent to the list.
Now I think that this idea of a "Start Using PostgreSQL Page" with this
links would be nice (if it doesn't exist already).
The user could be redirected to this page after the download, or just
before.

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br