Re: Tech Docs and Consultants - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Elein,
>

>>Who do I contact about the tech doc pages now?
>>
>>My entry on the consultants page has disappeared
>>(not nice) and the commercial support page has gone 404
>>(link from techdocs home in left column).
>>
>>And finally, what exactly is the public status of the wiki-ized
>>tech docs?
>
> I don't know; since Justin's troubling announcement on Thursday, he's been
> incommunicado.

Well, I'm been away from the computer all weekend, and when I returned I didn't have an account on any of the
postgresql.orgservers.

Seems people took my mentioning of withdrawing as being a "don't want to be associated with", which isn't the case.
It'sjust that even the smallest tasks to
do with PostgreSQL are feeling like chores, and there are other things I want to concentrate on.

i.e. Open Source in governments (a growing thing), perhaps looking at creating some more online training stuff, etc.
Forthe moment though, I just want to take
a break more than anything.

:-)

> I suspect that someone new will need to take over Techdocs, in which case I'll
> take it and be moving it to Zapatec.    Wanna help me port everything?

Good thing to suspect.  We need some way of making it really multi-user, but as much as that's my recommendation, I
don'thave the motivation to do the work.

Now before *anyone* says what'll be done with the Techdocs site next, please lets think about what the PostgreSQL
Communitywill benefit from most as it's next
stage of growth.  The best _logical_ place for it is on hub.org servers with everything else, but frankly... it
generatesextra workload for the guys running
those servers so I'd be more interesed in seeing it elsewhere.  Still named "techdocs.postgresql.org" if possible
(Marc?)but lets take the opportunity to
reduce potential workload on Chris/Marc/hub.org/etc and explore other possibilities.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
I should really dig up my old quote again.

:)