Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, suggestions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and SOAP, suggestions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hannu Krosing wrote:

>mlw kirjutas K, 02.04.2003 kell 15:56:
>

>>Hannu Krosing wrote:
>>

>>>What you have come up with _is_not_ a SOAP v1.1 message at all. It does
>>>use some elements with similar names but from different namespace.
>>>
>>>the SOAP Envelope, Header and Body elemants must be from namespace
>>>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
>>>

>>[snip]
>>Hmm, I read "SHOULD" and "MAY" in the spec, assuming that it was not
>>"MUST" are you saying it is invalid if I do not use the SOAP URIs for
>>the name spaces? If so, no big deal, I'll change them.
>>

>AFAICS you can _leave_out_ the namespace, but not put in another,
>nonconforming namespace.

[snip]

I think you are interpreting the spec a bit too restrictively. The
syntax is fairly rigid, but the spec has a great degree of flexibility.
I agree that, syntactically, it must work through a parser, but there is
lots of room to be flexible.