Re: Dangling backends on win32 7.2.1 port (peerdirect). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Dangling backends on win32 7.2.1 port (peerdirect).
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:

> TRY TEST WIN32 PORT.  DATABASE GO BOOM!  TRY FIX NOBODY CARE.  WIN32
> PORT COME OUT MANY DATABASE GO BOOM!  TRY HELP GET IGNORED.  JUST WANT
> HELP.  BUG FIX?

Pardonne moi?

What exactly did you test? If it is the PeerDirect Beta version of
PostgreSQL for Windows named UltraSQL, please know that thus far there
has to my knowledge not been an offical, supported release of UltraSQL
yet - and since the company eliminated the group working on that port, I
doubt there ever will.

PeerDirect tried to contribute the Win32 port portion of their work to
the open source project. The PostgreSQL global development team has not
yet made any final decision if or what parts of that code will or will
not become part of the regular PostgreSQL distribution.

So ... YOU DO NOT USE ANYTHING OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY US!!!

Could you therefore calm down, stop shouting, comb your hair, get the
sources of the current work in progress and send in your
complains/suggestions in context diff format?

Have a nice day,
Jan