Re: "the database system is starting up" - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dennis Thrysøe
Subject Re: "the database system is starting up"
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 12/04/2010, at 15.42, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Dennis Thrysøe<dth@geysirit.dk> wrote:
>
>> Are there any good tools or logging options for determining
>> who/what?
>
> Are you on a recent enough version to have log_connections and
> log_disconnections available?  If so, I would turn those on in
> postgresql.conf.

Yes, that tells me that connection attempts are from the local host on incrementing port numbers for each attempt.

Are there any tools that will help me figure out which process is doing this?

lsof -i and netstat -p gave me nothing...

Thanks,

-dennis