Re: JDBC driver, PGSQL 7.3.2 and accents characters - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Davide Romanini
Subject Re: JDBC driver, PGSQL 7.3.2 and accents characters
Date
Re: JDBC driver, PGSQL 7.3.2 and accents characters
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:
> Davide,
>
> Those characters are not part of the SQL_ASCII character set.  SQL_ASCII
> is 7bit ascii, the characters you are trying to use are all 8bit
> characters.  You need to create your database with a character set that
> supports the characters you are trying to store.  LATIN1 or UNICODE
> would be good choices.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry

You surely are right, but... my data is already stored in the database.
And when I work with them with psql or the odbc driver (linking tables
in M$ Access) my accents are there without any problem. Why the jdbc
driver doesn't work while the others program all work?

However thanks for your suggestion.

Bye, Romaz