Re: [HACKERS] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:

> > I think such compatibility is sufficient.  We can mention in the
> > releases notes that they should upgrade there servers before their
> > clients.
>
> I'd be really happy if we can make that stick.  There's enough work to
> be done here without trying to develop a multiprotocol version of
> libpq.
>
> It would be good to hear some words from the JDBC and ODBC developers
> about what sort of plans they'd have for updating those interfaces.

Psqlodbc driver couldn't use the library unless
the library could handle multiple protocol.

What the driver has suffered from is to get the
fields' info of a query result or the parameters'
info of a statement. The info is needed even before
the execution of the statement(i.e it's only prepared).

regards,
Hiroshi Inouehttp://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/