Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi guys,

As a thought, has anyone considered if it's worth doing data compression
of the "new proposed" protocol for PostgreSQL 8.0/7.4?  It was suggested
a long time ago by Joshua Drake (and his version was well accepted by
his customers from what I heard), so might this be worth adding too?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi