Re: Copy from a SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christoph Haller
Subject Re: Copy from a SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql

> I've got *very* limited HDD space for the amount of information I need
> copy out.  The place to where the CSV file is would be output is NTFS
and
> from the Postgres documentation, it states that I should not put the
table
> oid files there and link in order to free up space in the default
drive.

> I've tried using \o to stream the output to a file on the NTFS area,
but the
> machine ran out of memory (memory = 2G).
Are you using PgAccess? Did you think about using psql, possibly via
script?
I can hardly imagine psql would run a 2G machine out of memory.

> I was looking for a work around to copy out the section of data I
wanted to
> a temporary table and then copy that table out .....
Using \o FILENAME within psql does not even require a temp table,
because
query results are simply sent to FILENAME.

Or did I misunderstand your intentions completely?

Regards, Christoph