Re: Still intrigued... (was: Socket command type e unknown) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Moreno
Subject Re: Still intrigued... (was: Socket command type e unknown)
Date
List pgsql-general
Dennis Gearon wrote:

>Is this by any chance MS Vcc :-) Maybe there's an error in the STL library.

Oh c'mon now!  I'm a serious guy!!  All this is happening
on the Linux realm  :-)

Still, we are talking about a RedHat 7.3 distro, with the
original compiler (i.e., the "non-stable" version 2.96...)
So, who knows...  Compiler bug??  :-)

(actually, the last piece that I would suspect is the
compiler -- according to the comp.os.linux.development
guys, 2.96 is actually rather stable, even if it doesn't
have the seal from its developers)

Oh well...  I'll go dig a little bit in libpq++ ...

Thanks!  And thanks Tom, for your message!

Carlos