Re: 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dmitry Tkach
Subject Re: 7.4?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dennis Gearon wrote:

>If it ain't broke,
>don't fix it!

Yeah... I know. That's exactly where I am coming from :-)
I am sitting on about a 200G database here, and I know what a pain in
the neck it is going to be to migrate it (plus, I've got some "C"
functions, that, as I figured recently do not even compile with 7.3) :-(

But there is some stuff in 7.3 that I really miss - like function
returning tuples, prepared and saved query plans, vacuum (full)
behaviour etc...
Besides, Tom Lane has said some really scarry things about possible data
corruption/loss stuff in 7.2...

So, it sounds like I am going to have to go through this upgrade
nightmare... the only question is - when it is a good time to do it...

Dima