Re: upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chantal Ackermann
Subject Re: upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2
Date
List pgsql-general
hello,

I would like to upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2 without loading the dump
data into the new database (this would take quite a while). I'd prefer a
faster way. pg_upgrade seems to be the way to go, but it is calling

pg_dumpall -s

though the -s option does not exist in pg_dumpall - neither in 7.3.1 nor
in 7.3.1. (how) is this supposed to work?

if pg_upgrade cannot be used - is there another way to transfer the data
to the new version without loading the dump?

thank you
Chantal