Re: Interactive Documentation - how do you want it towork? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Interactive Documentation - how do you want it towork?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:> I looked at that URL, and it is good example of what _not_ to do with> interactive docs, IMHO.
Themanual page is _very_ short, and shows no> examples.  The comments have various examples/cases, with corrections>
laterto earlier postings.  I would think this is not what we want. We> want a longer manual page, with _correct_
examplesthat show typical> usage.>> I know folks like those comments, but isn't it showing cases where the> curt
documentationjust doesn't cut it?

Bruce is spot on here.  Manuals pages that don't need an extensive
amount of comments are likely the best way to go, and they're even
distributed with the source code of PostgreSQL, unlike the comments.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi