Re: extracting constraints from schema - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tomasz Myrta
Subject Re: extracting constraints from schema
Date
List pgsql-sql
Agnieszka Rutkowska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering whether you happen to know how to extract what the
> table and column constraints are using jdbc?
> The API provides methods for extracting meta data on the table names,
> column names, primary and foreigh keys as well as column types and sizes.
> What about extracting constraints such as
>
> salary    real    CHECK (salary >= 10000)
>
> ?
> It is possible to obtain the column name 'salary' as well as its types as
> being 'real' but how about the CHECK condition?? Can it be done using
> jdbc?
>
> Thanks for your time and help
> Agnes

Did you try to extract any information from system table pg_constraint?
contype='C' is a CHECK condition. I think you can parse some additional
information from column consrc. Description of all columns in this table
is in "Chapter 3. System Catalogs 10. pg_constraint" at Postgresql documentation.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta