Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and
Date
List pgsql-performance
Steve,

> I will do that. If it is the general impression that this
> server should perform well with Postgresql, Are the RAID
> cards, the 6i and 642 sufficient to your knowledge? I am
> wondering if it is the disc array itself.

I think that is the question to be answered by HP support.  Ask them for
technical support for the Linux driver for the 6i and 642.  If they
offer support, they should quickly figure out what the problem is.  If
they don't provide support, I would send the server back to them if you
can and buy a Sun server with an LSI RAID adapter.

- Luke