Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mikael,

Me too.  Can you post your MSA1500 results?

The MSA500/1000 come with two SmartArray 6402 controllers, but the RAID
is done inside the MSA500/1000 chassis from what I understand.  I have
heard that the performance on Linux is pretty good, but I've not seen
the benchmarks to prove it.  Bonnie++ is fine - should tell us what we
need to know.

Also, I am *very* interested in seeing what the P600 SAS controller
results look like when coupled with an MSA50 SAS chassis with 10 disks.
This is the new SAS controller that can be configured on the DL385 and
585.

- Luke