PPTP + Cisco - is it possible for RADIUS server to allocate IPs? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ruslan A Dautkhanov
Subject PPTP + Cisco - is it possible for RADIUS server to allocate IPs?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello all,

    I have problem with Cisco - it do not accept (do not use) my
    Framed-IP-Address attribute, but only use Cisco's internal
    IP pools for allocating IPs for PPTP users. Is it possible
    for Cisco to accept RADIUS's Framed-IP-Address attribute to
    correct setting up IP address for incoming PPTP user?
    I have watched attributes recieved from NAS (Cisco) in
    accounting Stop packet, and had seen interesting seen:
        . . .
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 = "10.0.0.1"
        Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.0.1
        . . .

    The 10.10.0.1. address - is (externel) IP, which used in NAT,
    and real client's IP content Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 attribute.
    I think it is a problem - Cisco use not Framed-IP-Address
    attribute as IP of end-user, but other. How to influence in
    this situation? Is it possible to correct such Cisco behaviour?
    Thanks a lot for any comments.

    --
     best regards,
    Ruslan A Dautkhanov   rusland@scn.ru