Re: Version Numbering - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Version Numbering
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 14 Dec 2002 at 21:52, Justin Clift wrote:

> Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> <snip>
> > What happened to PostgreSQL and KDE3 will never happen to pgAdmin. pgAdmin is
> > owned by a community of free developpers. Like other free software
> > initiatives, they are gifts to Humanity.
>
> Hear, Hear.

I differ in opinion here. KDE is a community project as well. Nothing stops
anyone to ship a modified version of PGAdmin as long as contributions are masde
open.

Of course, RedHat have good reason to customize KDE given the exposure that
project has. I don't think PGAdmin have exposure of that scale. For this
reason, it might continue to ship uncustomized.

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Cheit's Lament:    If you help a friend in need, he is sure to remember you--    the
next time he's in need.