Re: infinity as a date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christian Imbeault
Subject Re: infinity as a date
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Purely historical, I'd imagine.

Fair enough.

> If you are sufficiently annoyed, please submit patches to make DATE
> treat MAXINT and MININT as +infinity and -infinity instead of normal
> dates.  I would expect we'd accept such a patch.

I am not annoyed, just curious. And I would love to submit patches but I
am not up to it. My programming skills are only slightly better than
that of a highly trained monkey ... But when I do feel proficient enough
  postgres is definitely the open-source project I would most like to
contribute to.

Jc