Observation - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Paul Ramsey
Subject Observation
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Advocates,

   Having done a Google News search for PostgreSQL and read through the
(sparse) coverage of the 7.3 release, one thing sticks out above all
else: the journalists seem to be unable to rise above the "companies
make software" paradigm.

   So, the Database Journal says that "PostgreSQL Inc. last week rolled
out PostgreSQL 7.3".  eWeek says that "Two of the leading open-source
database vendors, MySQL AB and PostgreSQL Inc., are making bids for the
enterprise".

   This leads me somewhat to my parable, and thoughts regarding how the
market history of PostgreSQL might lay out over time.

Paul

--
       __
      /