Re: USAGE on schema allowed by default? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jochem van Dieten
Subject Re: USAGE on schema allowed by default?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@oli.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
>>I am having a problem with USAGE. If I create a schema, users other than
>>the owner can enumerate tables in that schema.
>
> This has nothing to do with USAGE on the schema; it is just a matter of
> being able to read the system catalogs.

<quote>
2.8.4. Schemas and Privileges

By default, users cannot see the objects in schemas they do not own.
</quote>

I seem to have misunderstood the meaning of object (the current wording
suggests to me that tables, views, sequences etc. are not just
unreadable, but also invisible). Is there an explanation of "objects"
somewhere?

Jochem