Re: Low Budget Performance, Part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Low Budget Performance, Part 2
Date
List pgsql-performance
Laurette Cisneros wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Speaking of which, what is the recommended optimum setting for
> memory buffers?

Hi Laurette,

It depends on how much memory you have, how big your database is, the
types of queries, expected number of clients, etc.

It's just that the default settings commonly cause non-optimal
performance and massive CPU utilisation, so I was wondering.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Thanks,
>
> L.
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm..... Eric, have you tuned PostgreSQL's memory buffers at all?
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >
> > Justin Clift
> >

> > <snip>