Re: 7.3RC2 createlang error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christian Imbeault
Subject Re: 7.3RC2 createlang error
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>>$ createlang plpgsql JC
>>ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or directory
>>createlang: language installation failed
>
> Odd --- it works for everyone else (at least everyone who's run the
> regression tests).
>
> The only theory I can come up with is that createlang is not talking to
> the server you think it is, but some older one (7.1 or before, I guess).
> Perhaps check port settings and so forth?

I posted a follow-up to this on the BUGS list.

I had to manually edit the bin/createlang script and hard code the path
to PGLIB. It wasn't automatically picking it up even though it was
properly and pointing to the right place.

I have no idea why ...

I'm not happy with this as my solution is hack, and worse it's a hack to
  a problem whose reason I don't understand.

I'd be happy to to more testing if you tell we what is needed.

Jc