Re: 7.3RC2 install woes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Christian Imbeault
Subject Re: 7.3RC2 install woes
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

 > Not Postgres: your platform isn't happy with that setting of
 > LC_MESSAGES.  (This is not the first report we've seen of platforms
 > that reject a locale code for LC_MESSAGES that they support for other
 > LC_ settings :-()

I figured as much. I have never been able to set up a RH Linux machine
that never had locale problem with perl -v ...

I did solve the problem my manually doing:

export LC_MESSAGES='C'
export LC_MONETARY='C'
export LC_NUMERIC='C'
export LC_TIME='C'

Don't know if it's the recommended way or not but it worked as far as
getting initdb to work and starting up the DB.

I'm hoping that this won't have any adverse affect on my DB. The only
thing that really needs to be in japanese is the text so I'm assuming
everything should be fine ...

Jc