Re: Request assistance connecting with Pg::connectdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: Request assistance connecting with Pg::connectdb
Date
List pgsql-general
One good resouce is

perldoc DBI
and in your case also

from your unix command line...else check out www.perldoc.com or nearest
search engine.

Here is a primer....

use DBI;
my $DSN = 'dbname=SomeDB;' ;
$DSN .= 'host=some.host.acme.com;' ;

my $dbh = DBI->connect ( "dbi:Pg:$DSN", "username", "password") || do
{
    die (" $DBI::errstr \n");
};

my $sth = $dbh->prepare( "select c1 from t1");
$sth->execute();

while ( @list = $sth->fetchrow_array() )
{
    print "@list \n";
}
$dbh->disconnect();

The good news is, whence you learn this API, you can switch your backend
engine
to Oracle, PG, or whatever and you code does not have to change.