Re: OSX Postgres PL/Perl Problem with Finance::Quote/Options - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vibhor Kumar
Subject Re: OSX Postgres PL/Perl Problem with Finance::Quote/Options
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Peter Pan wrote:

> I use two Perl modules Finance::Quote and Finance::QuoteOptions in a stored PL/Perl procedure which run without
problemson a standard LINUX environment (currently in production on CentOS5). Unfortunately on OSX it seems not to be
ableto properly connect and retrieve the data from Yahoo.

> Using the same code in a local perl file (under db user) it works without problems, but fails in the stored
procedure.I don't get any compilation errors during import or execution and also no exceptions while the code is
executed.As mentioned, the same function works fine under Linux.

> Environment:
> - OSX 10.6.7
> - Postgres 9.0.2 (compiled from source / config options --with-openssl --with-perl --with-libraries=/opt/local/lib
--with-includes=/opt/local/include/ readline was installed via ports)
> - Perl 5.12.3 (compled from source under /usr/local/ linked via enviromentab le variables in .profile / config
options./configure.gnu -des -Duseshrplib --prefix=/usr/local/perl5)

Any Error Message?

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation