Re: Float output formatting options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pedro M. Frazao F. Ferreira
Subject Re: Float output formatting options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
HI All,

Tom Lane wrote:

>>I am confused about this patch.  I don't see extra_float_digits defined
>>anywhere.  Am I missing a patch  ?

Probably!  :)

The definition of extra_float_digits was made in float.c and the diff was sent
to the list and Tom before. I think its the one Tom refers below.
There were diff's to four files:

src/backend/utils/adt/float.c
src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c
src/bin/psql/tab-complete.c
src/backend/utils/misc/postgresql.conf.sample

> Evidently.  I have the patch and was planning to apply it myself as soon
> as Pedro does something with the geometry types...

Lots of mail in the list!   ;)
Its done. The diff file to src/backend/utils/adt/geo_ops.c (to handle the
gemetry types) was sent some days ago. Its the one in the message where Bruce
says that extra_float_digits is not defined anywhere.

If you want I can send in the diff's again.

Best regards,
Pedro

>             regards, tom lane

Pedro Miguel Frazao Fernandes Ferreira
Universidade do Algarve
Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia
Campus de Gambelas
8000-117 Faro
Portugal
Tel./Fax:  (+351) 289 800950 / 289 819403
http://w3.ualg.pt/~pfrazao