Re: Performance on very large indexed tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Performance on very large indexed tables
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24 Oct 2002 at 17:34, Ingo Schellhammer wrote:
> has anyone experience with very large tables in PostGreSQL?
> I am wondering whether PostGreSQL can handle an indexed table with
> 1.000.000.000 rows and more efficiently?!

Well, on a 4CPU/SCSI RAID machine a query took 250ms to return 150 rows from a
40M rows table. It used index of course..

That's a billion rows right? Shouldn't have a problem..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wait!  You have not been prepared!        -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday",
stardate 3113.2